Monday, March 15, 2010

Perpetual Burn by Jason Becker

Entry 11:

So we have the last part of the song, today.

It is a hard little bit filled with three-string arpeggios.

It starts with E, then goes A - D - B - D - G - C - A - C - F - Bb - G..
Once that is done we have a long arpeggio in C starting on the 8th fret of the 6th string.

The difference with this arpeggio is that once we get to the 15th we do a descending C9 arpeggio. Then up again in C and finally a bend from D to E on the 22nd fret.

Perpetual Burn GP5 tabs can be found here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3J1I8EP6

3 comments:

  1. hey , thx for your videos and the fact you post the progression in the videos (something no one else really does, new trend maybe?)

    I'm not much into shredding but I'm interested in the progressions themselves and how they modulate.

    saves me time from having to watch over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm glad you have found good utility. You are very right about it, too. New trend? I don't know, I notice the more popular trend is to not teach such things for free. I just love art.

    Thank you and be in peace and love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Sebastian
    Muy buen blog y el trabajo de explicar cada parte por separado...
    Jason es un dios.
    A la espera del video con todas las partes juntas :D
    saludos desde Chile

    ReplyDelete